By purchasing insurance through Insuramix Insurance Inc. or requesting a quote you have provide us and our partnered affiliates with your consent to collect, use and disclosure of your personal information, including that previously collected, for the purposes necessary to assess the risk, investigate and settle claims, and detect and prevent fraud. Such information as credit information, driving record information and claims history.
Why we collect Your Personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with a completive quote(s) that are priced according to the information you have provided. Therefore, allowing us to determine which Insurance Company would best suit your needs and for the Insurance carrier to determine pricing and insurance rates according to your personal information. The information we collect allows us to properly comply with Insurance regulations and standards.
Your personal information is shared with our partnered Insurance Company Providers during the quoting, issuance and handling of claims situations. We also utilize your personal information to confirm your claims and driving history for quoting and issuance of Insurance Contracts.
Obtaining your personal information allows us as your broker to provide you with the best level of service, determine your insurance needs and to find you the right protection at the right price.
In addition, your information may also be used to conduct market research and assist us with our marketing strategy.
What type of information we collect
We obtain personal information from you and all relevant drivers for the purposes necessary to asses the risk, investigate and settle claims and detect and prevent fraud. Such as, but not limited to:
- Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone number & email address.
- Date of Birth
- Credit History
- Driver’s license number and Driver’s Abstracts
- Claims and Driving History
- Prior Insurance Information
- Credit Card information for the payment of your policies.
- Bank account information
- Photos of risks
- Witness statements
- Medical Records
- Accident Report
- Vehicle Inspection reports
- Home Inspection reports
Disclosure of Information to others
– Financing your Insurance contract with IFS (Insurance Financial Services).
– To assess eligibility for coverage, process and/or maintain new or renewal coverage of products and services, we may disclose to insurance companies, re-insurers, MGA (Managing General Agencies) and intermediaries that make available coverage we are requesting.
– For our affiliated or partnered companies to notify you of certain products, promotions or services offered.
– To Third Party Claims adjusters appointed by our Partnered Insurance Providers to handle claims assigned to them to by processing, negotiating and settling claims on your behalf.
How we protect your information
Only individuals licensed for Insuramix and our Partnered Insurance Providers have access to your personal information that we have collected. This information is secured within our Broker Management system. Our Partnered Insurance Providers take the same reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected.
How can you access your personal information
Only individuals listed as named insured’s on our Insurance contracts or quotes have access to the information pertaining to those policy(s). You may access your personal information by contacting Insuramix. We may require the following information to confirm your identity. They are as follows:
1. Contact Information such as (Name, Address, phone number(s) and email)
2. Type of Policies and we may require you to provide policy numbers.
Keeping your information up to date:
Keeping your information up to date allows us to validate the individual who we are speaking with. Insuramix has worked with our partnered Insurance providers to have new, renewal and change documents sent directly to your email through the paperless initiative. Should you wish to have documents sent to you by Canada Post, then please contact us immediately. Intact provided access to clients through their Client Center.
If you have changed your email address we ask you to please contact our office immediately to update this information.
Accessing other information:
You have the right to access your personal information subject to our control and right of refusal. If you are requesting information to access your file, we may charge a fee for sending or copying the information from your file.
- “Cookies” are small text files that recognize repeat visitors, facilitate ongoing access to some sites, and allow sites to understand how and when pages are visited and by how many people. We do not use information transferred through cookies for promotional or marketing purposes, and that information is not shared with third parties. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. A cookie does not retrieve any data from your hard drive, carry computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address. Cookies help Web sites to keep track of your preferences and to recognize return visitors. So, when you return to a Web site you’ve visited before, your browser gives this data back to the server. You may opt out of cookies by rejecting it on your browsers; however, by doing so it may limit the ability for you to access links or our kiosk on our website.
Preventing Identity Theft
We will never initiate a request of sensitive information from you via email such as Social Insurance numbers, Passwords, Pin#. If you receive and email requesting such information you should be Suspicious of it. If you receive and email from us that you feel may be suspicious in nature then please contact our office directly.
PRIVACY OPT OUT OPTION
Your agreement to disclose your personal information is obtained before you conduct business with our organization.
You may opt out of providing us your personal information at anytime. However exercising your opt out option may prevent us from providing you with products or services that our organization offers.
Google Ad-Words Disclaimer
Google Adwords Disclaimer (“Google Ads”) We are required to comply with all Google Adwords (“Google Ads”) Policies and Advanced Verification Policies in order to advertise to you on Google Adwords (“Google Ads”). The purpose of these policies is to reduce and prevent fraudulent or deceptive behavior on the Adwords (“Google Ads”) network. You can follow the links above to review the most updated version of these policies.
We are not employed by or affiliated with Google or Google Adwords (“Google Ads”).
Google does not dictate how we select our customers, how we render our service and does not influence the pricing related to any of the Insurance products or services offered.
Thank you for your cooperation. With your consent, we will provide our brokers with the information provided on our site through our “Contact Us” page.
We cannot guarantee a specific call back time, we cannot guarantee that a payment plan will be offered with our affiliate Insurance Providers. You must speak with a licensed Broker regarding your insurance needs.
Google Analytics Disclaimer
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files placed on your computer to allow the collection and analysis of anonymous information on the usage behavior of the site: http://www.insuramix.ca by you (including your IP address).
This information is transmitted to Google which processes them in order to prepare reports for the operators of http://www.insuramix.com about your activities on the website itself.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google nor tries to connect an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
By using the site http://www.insuramix.ca, you agree to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the abovementioned purposes.